Renewable heating seminars a hit with professionals
As Jersey Electricity seeks to inspire a zero-carbon future, we were delighted to host two sell-out seminars at the Powerhouse in partnership with Vaillant Renewable Systems to showcase the benefits of the very latest air source heat pumps to Jersey’s heating specifiers and designers.
JE Energy Solutions Manager Ian Wilson said: ‘A number of Jersey homes are already enjoying the benefits of air source heat pumps but despite the obvious benefits, they have yet to truly reach the masses. We and Vaillant want to change that and we are delighted these seminars attracted so much interest from local installers and specifiers.
‘Air source heat pumps will not only slash your home’s carbon emissions but also save you pounds in heating costs. They are an incredibly effective way to meet home heating and hot water needs because they are typically 300-400% efficient – for every 1kWh of electricity you pay for, you get 3-4kWh of heat. By converting latent heat that naturally occurs in the air and increasing its temperature sufficiently, an air source heat pump supplies renewable heat for your home and hot water.
‘The new Arotherm Split and Arotherm+ air source heat pumps have been designed as a direct replacement for a gas or oil boiler and are suitable for new or existing buildings with any wet central heating system, plus they are easy to install and this is what we wanted to show our audiences.’
Aimee Holloran, Vaillant Key Account Manager, added: ‘Jersey’s temperate climate make heat pumps the obvious way forward. Vaillant is a trusted and recognised brand in the Island and we are committed to helping Jersey reduce its reliance on fossil fuels.’
The seminars covered:
- Why the market for ASHPs is expected to increase in coming years
- Running costs of an ASHP compared with other local fuels
- The role of ASHPs in delivering a zero-carbon Jersey
- How the aroTHERM+ can be easily installed in all types of domestic property; no need for increased radiator sizes or insulation improvements.
- How the heat pump interacts with the built-in electric boiler
- How Vaillant can support local installers and specifiers, including design and commissioning
- Warranty and maintenance packages for complete peace of mind
- Future developments and the 500% efficient heat pump