ESE Heating Indicator
- When a home is switched from gas or oil heating to electric heating, the home’s electrical power requirements increase
- Increasing the power requirement, increases the demand on your home’s electricity service – i.e. the wiring and infrastructure that connects your home to Jersey Electricity’s electricity network.
- This indicator tool gives an initial assessment of whether an electricity service is adequate for the increased power requirement of a new electric heating installation.
- Before you connect any additional load / electric heating, Jersey Electricity must also review the capacity available on the local electricity network. You must complete an ESE form to confirm what you intend to connect before any work is carried out.
- This tool can be used by any competent person who understands electrical loads and power ratings. If in doubt, contact your electrical contractor or building services professional.