I have a debt from my previous home; what happens to that?

When you complete a Change of Tenancy Form on the ‘Moving Home’ section of our website www.jec.co.uk, we will transfer any existing debit balance to your new meter if you are unable to settle the arrears in full.  We will  set a recovery rate deducted as a percentage of any future payments as you make them. 

For example, if the debt is set to be recovered at 20 per cent and you make a £10 payment, £2 will go off the debit and £8 will go on the meter for use. This will be clearly shown on your receipt when you top up.