How do you calculate rates per unit and tariffs?
Our tariffs are designed to match your lifestyle and meet your home energy needs. Certain tariffs provide electricity at discounted rates during off-peak times, primarily for space and water heating.
- The cost per unit depends on the time you use electricity and which tariff you are on
- Economy 7, Economy 20 and Comfort Heat Tariffs offer one or more discounted rates for units used on space and water heating during off-peak periods
- We have to pay more for electricity used a peak load times so it is more expensive for the consumer to use electricity then
- Your type of meter depends on your tariff and records how many units you use at which rates
- For domestic tariffs, click here
- For commercial tariffs, click here