Under the extraordinary circumstances we all find ourselves in due to the COVID-19 pandemic we will endeavour to maintain our Standards or Service as much as constrained resources permit. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.
1. Connection to the network: New supplies and changes to existing supplies
When we have received a fully completed Electricity Supply Enquiry form and the required drawings we will:
- Acknowledge your enquiry within two working days.
- Send you a written quote within 15 working days for the cost of providing a normal supply or changing an existing one if the works are straightforward.
- Send you a written quote within 25 working days if we need to carry out significant network reinforcement.
Please note that an incomplete Electricity Supply Enquiry form may result in delays to your enquiry.
2. Main fuse failure or faulty meter
If you lose supply due to a main fuse failure or faulty meter, we will respond within three hours of being notified of the problem during our normal published working hours, or within four hours outside of these hours.
3. Notice of planned disruption of your supply
If we ever have to interrupt your electricity supply to carry out essential, planned work on our system, we will give you at least two days' written notice.
4. Unplanned disruption to your supply
If your electricity supply is lost due to a failure on our distribution network, under normal conditions we will restore supply within 18 hours of being notified of the loss.
5. Responding to your enquiry or complaint
We will always try to resolve your enquiry when you first contact us. If this is not possible, we will:
- Provide an initial response within two working days.
- Provide a more detailed response within 10 working days.
- Alternatively, we may arrange a visit to your premises within 10 working days.
6. Keeping appointments
We will agree to attend on a specific morning or afternoon to provide any of our services. Where possible, we may be able to offer you a 'first call' appointment. We cannot usually offer specifically timed appointments.
Exemptions to these standards
Jersey Electricity will at all times strive to achieve or better these Standards of Service. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when this is not possible. We will advise you of the circumstances at the time.
- We are unable to access your premises or it is not safe to do so.
- We are prevented by severe weather conditions.
- We are prevented by circumstances outside our control or by exceptional operating conditions.
- Legal obligations precludes compliance with these Standards.