Reconnecting the electricity supply
If the electricity supply at your new property has been disconnected, you will need to follow these steps:
- Call our Customer Care Team on 01534 505460, Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Complete a paper Application for a Supply of Electricity to Domestic Premises
How long does it take to reconnect the electricity supply?
The length of time it takes to reconnect your supply depends on how the supply was disconnected.
If the supply was physically disconnected and installation is safe:
- We'll reconnect the supply within two working days if we can access your meter and connections
- We'll leave the main isolator switch off as it is your responsibility to turn on the supply in your property and ensure it's safe
- If we can't access the meter, we will leave a card asking you to arrange a time when we can gain access
- If any fault on our supply equipment prevents immediate reconnection, we'll rectify it and notify you of any delay
If the supply was remotely disconnected:
- We'll remotely reconnect the supply within 2 working days
- It's your responsibility to turn on the supply in your property and ensure it's safe
- You'll need access to the meter and, after confirming it's safe to restore power, we'll advise you how to complete the reconnection over the phone.